The Cairo Film Connection (CFC) is the industry platform of the Cairo International Film Festival (CIFF.) Launched in 2010, in collaboration with Misr International Films, the CFC was initially established to liaise between Arab filmmakers and the Egyptian film industry, as well as with professionals from the international film scene. In its second round taking place from December 4-6, 2012, the CFC has widened its scope further encouraging filmmakers from all over the world to engage with the Egyptian film scene. Any project, from any part of the world, is encouraged to apply, if the film has an Egyptian connection. Click here to read the call for applications and submissions guidelines. . ..more
New from CFC 2010
Ayten Amin, the winner of the last Cairo Film Connection's grand prize, also won a monetary prize from the Egyptian Film Center.
She is now in the process of starting the production of her film, 69 Messaha Square. The film was also awarded a grant from Hubert Bals Fund which was given at the Durban Film Market
Ahmed Natche, who was in the 2010 round of the Cairo Film Connection, finished his documentary Two Meters of This Land. His film will premiere at the FIDMarseille which is taking place from July 4-9, 2012.
Ahmed Natche premiered his film Two Meters of This Land at the FIDMarseille festival last week. The Cairo Film Connection team wishes to congratulate him from the special mention from the jury. Congratulations Ahmed.
Projects List 2012
- Situation under Control directed and produced by Hany Fawzy Kozman
- Exile directed by Atef Hatata, produced by Amr Waked
- Mosque of Girls directed by Mohamed Yassin, produced by Medhat el Adl
- Happy New Year directed by Mahmood Soliman, produced by Nivine Afify
- Al Imam directed by Mohamed Ramadan, produced by Maye Dahan
- The Unleashed directed by Yasser Naiem, produced by Mouwafak Chourbagui
- Miramar directed by Hind Metwally, produced by Mohamed Metwally